Current GPSC Funding Cycle Information
In conjunction with the opening of the spring funding application, GPSC exec members will host an info session on January 25th at 7PM in the GPSC House. Please feel free to attend this info session or direct any questions regarding this application to the GPSC Director of Finance, Joyce Zhang, email@example.com
Eligibility for funding
- Groups must be affiliated with GPSC through dukegroups.com. Directions for affiliation are here.
- Groups must have a fundcode issued by UCAE or your Graduate/Professional school.
- Instructions on applying for a fundcode can be found here: Fund Code Application Instructions
- Groups must advertise all previous and future GPSC funded events in the GPSCNews. To submit an event to GPSC news go here.
- THIS is how to pay for events. More info can be found here: How to Pay for Events
Eligible events and items
Due to limited funding, GPSC cannot fund certain high cost items. For a full description of the funding guidelines please visit the GPSC By-Laws here.
According to the By-Laws “Items that will not be considered for funding include alcohol, scholarship, travel expenses to an event, and food for social events. Funding for food that is an integral part of an event may be considered. Speakers may be considered if the event is cosponsored.”
The finance committee of GPSC looks favorably on events and activities that have the following components:
- Have unique academic value;
- Raise awareness of other cultures;
- Benefit others (such as community service, fundraisers, etc.);
- Satisfy a need in the Duke/Durham community
- Demonstrate cross-campus collaborations
Student Group Audits
The finance committee has the right to audit student groups to ensure funds are spent properly within the guidelines of GPSC’s By-Laws.
All GPSC funded student groups must submit a post-event report, including a copy of their receipts for all purchases or reimbursements, as soon as possible after the event has occurred.
Failure to save receipts or inappropriate spending of GPSC funds will result in a loss of funding privileges for future funding cycles.
The Funding Review Process
Applications are reviewed by the Finance Committee and approved by the General Assembly. For the summer funding cycle, the Executive Board approves the funding recommendations as the GA is in recess
The finance committee will meet after each funding deadline and before the following general body meeting. Group funding must be approved by the Assembly. Funded groups will be informed of funding decisions no later than one week following approval by the Assembly.